Friday, June 09, 2006

Trauma

Written on 19th January 2006

Nael has just started his playschool at LornaWhiston for the 1st term of the year. Actually he already attended 2 classes on Sunday. He was behaving exceptionally well, he participated in the activities although not all the instructions he would follow. I can still see Nael needs more time to get himself comfortable and be happy in school. He stills doesn't respond to any of the teacher's talks. Not that he can speaks perfect sentence and perfect English. He usually frown and make that anti-social remark to his teacher. Btw, he has a new teacher named Miss Lopmeier, originally from Canada.


At the end of last week's class, Miss Lopmeier told us starting from next week onwards (which is gonna be this Sunday), all parents have to leave the kids with her and her assistant. I think my jaw dropped when I hear this. She further explained that there will be tears, cries, trauma but at the end of the term, the kids would usually be a ok! (what! u kidding me?) I was totally horrified and my worries didn't stop there and then. It continues! It lingers in my head everyday fearing the worst for Nael this Sunday. Oh my, oh my what will happen to me Nael?


For those parents who have been through this, advice please? Some parents did advice that you are not suppose to abondan your kid just like that, some say, it's ok. Miss Lopmeier told us that we will be called when the child really needs us. But again, I'm scarred once I leave him, he'll be haunted, horrify to death and hate school forever :( *imagining the worst here* I'm just hoping it's merely seperation anxiety and it's just a phase..I pray I pray.

Sometimes I just wonder where did Nael get this trait? I don't think it's from me, I have no problem socializing with peers from small till adulthood ;) keh keh keh..

1 comment:

thenorde said...

hi zan,

hows nael cope with lw?hows lw itself?does it good? i m just a plain stranger to u, but would love if you could share some tips on lw.